Week 7: Harry Potter and the Tale of Wizarding Education

Image result for harry potter and the sorcerer's stone


          Since I no longer had the collection of Harry Potter books I got in elementary school, I rented an audiobook for the Sorcerer’s Stone. The introduction into the world of Harry Potter is framed in such a way that any kid can see themselves going to this wizarding school for magic and I was one of those kids. Harry Potter for me, as a character, was very much someone who I read myself in. When I was young I cut my forehead on coral rock and I got a scar which I carry to this day, which was more than an excuse for the impressionable young mind I had to imagine myself in Harry’s place while reading his story. That’s how my relationship started with Harry Potter, I later started roleplaying with my friends and reenacting our favorite scenes. I’ve fallen out of the fandom since middle school but the resonance I had with the character never went away. I went through many trials and troubles but it took me a while to reach the same peace Harry got to when he realized his scars didn’t define him. 

        I also reaaaaally wanted an owl.

Comments